Letter from the Chairman
When I started the engineering firm that was the precursor to DLZ in 1978, I never expected it to become one of the premiere architectural, engineering, and construction services firms nationwide. With just two employees in its first year, DLZ has expanded to nearly $100 million in revenue (2015), 21 offices, and 600 employees. Our continued growth is an American success story.
DLZ is widely respected for bringing excellence and execution to planning and design on an entire spectrum of facilities. As your partner throughout the lifetime of a project, the daunting task of translating facility goals into reality will be readily accomplished using our in-house resources and understanding the client’s needs.
DLZ’s success was founded on six principles that continue to serve as our modern business model:
- Growth: DLZ is a growing company–growth offers superior opportunities to serve our clients and employees.
- Marketing: All DLZ employees are responsible for marketing DLZ services–whether attending a trade show, completing a project on time, or responding to our client’s needs, we all represent DLZ.
- Quality: All projects are done right the first time-emphasizing timeliness and an adherence to budget constraints.
- Profit: In order to fund future growth, it is essential that DLZ strives to make a profit.
- Compassion: DLZ treats its clients and employees with compassion and respect.
- Safety: DLZ employees understand safety is not an individual choice but a lifelong value impacting every aspect of our projects; it is embedded in our culture and is the foundation of our business model. Read DLZ’s Occupational Health and Safety Policy
Though recognized as an Engineering News-Record (ENR) Top 150 Design Firm, DLZ maintains a small firm feel. Our corporate structure enables project managers to make more efficient decisions locally, while offering an equal depth of services as to those of a larger, national company.
Perhaps the best demonstration of DLZ’s capabilities is reflected in our repeat business. Eighty (80) percent of our business comes from former clients who want to work with us again.
Thank you for visiting dlz.com. We look forward to a lasting and rewarding business relationship. Great projects are made from such partnerships.