DLZ realizes that serious efforts must be made to mitigate the effects of climate change and the reduction of our environmental footprint, which is why we have made sustainability part of our way of life in our offices and through our projects.
Through our projects we have contributed to:
- The reduction of energy, water, and greenhouse gases through our Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) designed buildings
- The reduction of harmful emissions such as carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons, nitrogen oxides and sulfur oxides through our Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) stations. In addition to the environmental benefits of CNG, it also displaces petroleum fuels, saving taxpayer dollars and reducing dependency on foreign produced oil
- The reduction of raw sewage overflows into the environment during rain events through our Combined Sewer Overflow projects
- The increase of alternative methods of transportation through our bike path projects
- The restoration of ecosystems and improvements to communities through river restoration and dam removals
- The reduction of non-renewable resources through hydroelectric power on our dam projects
We will continue making strides towards reducing our carbon footprint in our offices as well as through our projects. Together we can make a difference!