On April 22, DLZ will join with many organizations around the world to support Earth Day 2017. This year’s theme, Environmental & Climate Literacy, is the engine for creating green voters and advancing environmental and climate laws.
Sustainability has been a part of DLZ’s culture for quite some time. We are members of GreenSpot and practice sustainability year-round, not just on Earth Day. Every design project we do incorporates sustainable design principles for optimizing energy efficiency and environmental performance. We commit to sustainability by:
- Encouraging recycling in all our offices
- Implementing state-of-the-art video conference systems in all offices to reduce travel
- Using materials with high recyclable content and low VOCs in our office renovations
- Using energy and water saving technologies
- Investing in hybrid vehicles
- Promoting “non-idling” practices for large vehicle fleet
- Using LEED principals to design facilities that conserve the earth’s resources and save energy
- Promoting adaptive re-use of existing and historical facilities
- Recycling materials to minimize demolition waste
- Using energy efficient LED lighting and energy management systems
Make every day Earth Day! By incorporating sustainable efforts all year long, DLZ minimizes the company’s footprint and environmental impact to the communities in which we work, live and play. Learn more about Earth Day.