Expert materials testing ensures your project is built to the highest level of quality. DLZ’s provides a full range of materials testing and analytical services. Fortune 500 companies and significant municipalities trust DLZ’s material testing services. The National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) and the American Concrete Institute (ACI) have certified our professionals.
We serve clients throughout the Midwestern United States with our four laboratories in Columbus, Chicago, Detroit, and Pittsburgh. Our laboratories provide testing of soil, aggregate, rock, concrete, asphalt concrete, plastic, and sprayed fire-resistive materials (SFRM).
Our full range of laboratory analytical services for construction materials testing include:
Soil and Rock Material Testing Services
- General index
- Direct Shear
- Elastic Modulus and Poisson’s Ratio
Asphalt and Concrete Testing Services
- Mix Design Verification
Cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) Testing Services
- Conditioning (ASTM D618)
- Flexural (ASTM D790)
- Physical Dimension (ASTM D5947 – Method C)
- Tensile (ASTM D638)
DLZ’s CIPP testing can serve clients throughout the United States and Internationally with our accreditation by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) for the testing of plastics.
DLZ’s materials testing services are:
- Validated by the USACE-ERDC per EM 1110-1-261
- Accredited by the AASHTO Accreditation Program (AAP) through assessments by AASHTO re:source and ASTM’s Cement and Concrete Reference Laboratory (CCRL) (visit www.aashtoresource.org for full scope)
- Accredited by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) for the testing of plastics
- Prequalified for geotechnical engineering services in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, and Michigan
Learn more about DLZ’s new Pittsburgh Materials Testing Laboratory by watching this short video