Expert materials testing ensures your project is not only compliant, but also built to the highest level of quality. To this end, DLZ provides a full range of materials testing and analytical services. Fortune 500 companies and significant municipalities trust DLZ’s material testing services because of our expertise and professionalism. Both the National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) and the American Concrete Institute (ACI) have certified our professionals.
We serve clients throughout the Midwestern United States with our four laboratories in Columbus, Chicago, Detroit, and Pittsburgh. Our laboratories provide testing of soil, aggregate, rock, concrete, asphalt concrete, plastic, and also sprayed fire-resistive materials (SFRM).
Our full range of laboratory analytical services for construction materials testing include, but are not limited to:
Soil and Rock Material Testing Services
- General index
- Direct Shear
- Elastic Modulus and Poisson’s Ratio
Asphalt and Concrete Testing Services
- Mix Design Verification
Cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) Testing Services
- Conditioning (ASTM D618)
- Flexural (ASTM D790)
- Physical Dimension (ASTM D5947 – Method C)
- Tensile (ASTM D638)
DLZ’s CIPP testing can serve clients throughout the United States with our accreditation by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) for the testing of plastics.
DLZ’s materials testing services also include:
- Validated by the USACE-ERDC per EM 1110-1-261
- Accredited by the AASHTO Accreditation Program (AAP) through assessments by AASHTO resource and ASTM’s Cement and Concrete Reference Laboratory (CCRL) (visit www.aashtoresource.org for full scope)
- Accredited by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) for the testing of plastics
- Prequalified for geotechnical engineering services in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, and also Michigan
So if you’re in need of materials testing and analytical services, we would love to work with you. Likewise, if you have any questions about how we do the work we do, check out our Services page. Furthermore, feel free to contact us.
Finally, watch us in action! Learn more about DLZ’s new Pittsburgh Materials Testing Laboratory by watching this short video.