Rail and Transit
DLZ has performed work on a wide variety of projects for many private railroads and transit agencies in the Midwest. We offer a broad range of capabilities and services to our clients including
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Services
- Right-of-Way Acquisition Services
- Construction Observation
Current and past transit and railroad clients include
- Chicago Transit Authority
- Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District (NICTD)
- Ohio Rail Development Commission
- Canadian National Railway
Key DLZ Rail and Transit Qualifications
The DLZ team offers proven qualifications to best provide design and construction management services to rail and transit owners. Our team of experienced design professionals can provide clients a single resource for all architecture, engineering, and construction support services in multiple design disciplines.
Key factors of our service include:
- DLZ’s in-house experience with environmental regulations, right-of-way acquisition, and stakeholder communications to support your project’s success.
- Our team includes construction professionals experienced in multiple subcontracts, fast-track, and complex design-build projects.
- DLZ’s Survey division state of the art equipment enables the firm to provide construction surveying services and static and mobile lidar services for some of the largest transit authorities in the country.
- In-depth knowledge of transportation facility renovations, customer enhancement, ADA requirements, and design standards. Additionally, DLZ’s ADA expertise includes the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design and the Proposed Accessibility Guidelines for Pedestrian Facilities.
- Professional Services
- Construction Management Services
- Landscape Architecture & Planning
- Materials Testing and Analytical Services
- Program Management
- Water Resources