For nearly a century, DLZ has been assisting clients in solving their public works projects. Skilled in all water/wastewater services, DLZ is a leading design and consulting firm. Our staff of engineers, environmental specialists, and designers is an integral part of DLZ’s multi-disciplinary approach to public works projects. They are fully experienced in the design and preparation of plans and specifications for all types of sanitary and storm sewers. With our expertise in hydrologic and hydraulic analysis, we have designed a variety of stormwater collection, storage, transfer, and control facilities.
Some of the other water services offered by DLZ include
- Water treatment plant design
- DLZ has extensive experience in the design of safe and economical drinking water treatment plants and has assisted numerous communities with their plant improvements.
- Green infrastructure planning and design
- Green infrastructure is comprised of various sustainable solutions some of which include: bioswales, rain gardens, planter boxes, and pervious pavement. At DLZ, we understand the value that sustainable solutions can bring to engineering.
- Combined sewer overflow management
- Our firm provides a broad range of CSO control services, including long-term control plan development; project management; collection system planning, modeling, and design; private property inspections, and more.
- Water and sanitary sewer conveyance
- DLZ’s extensive experience includes the ability to perform sewer and manhole condition assessments, waterline condition assessments, laser profiling of sewers, and structures in order to provide cost-effective rehabilitation solutions.
- Wastewater treatment plant design
- From individual residential systems to regional pump stations, DLZ has completed more than 125 wastewater conveyance and treatment projects.
- Tunnel and underground structure design
- DLZ has significantly contributed to the design and construction of significant tunnel interceptor projects with complex geotechnical conditions for major cities in the Midwest.