Water Resources and Ecological Services
Ecological Services – The DLZ staff of biologists and ecologists have over 60 combined years performing ecological surveys and habitat assessments for a variety of protected species. We also regularly work with noted experts for specific species. Services include:
- Terrestrial and Aquatic ecological surveys
- Field and habitat assessments
- Wetlands services
- Natural resource management and restoration
- Related services permitting under state and federal laws. This includes the federal Clean Water Act (CWA), Endangered Species Act (ESA), and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
Our ecologists assist federal, state, and local agencies for projects such as utilities and pipelines, linear transportation projects, culvert and bridge replacements, or as stand-alone surveys and assessments.
Water Resources – The importance of water resources engineering has significantly increased in recent years. Greater accountability to federal, state, and local regulatory agencies and mounting permit requirements create the need for experienced, well-qualified specialists. Hence, DLZ has assembled a staff of professionals that matches these competencies. Our multi-disciplined staff has the overall experience in surface water management to provide comprehensive analysis and long-term solutions for a wide variety of surface water problems.
Our extensive work throughout Michigan, Illinois, and Indiana includes over 100 flood insurance studies for the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
- Professional Services
- Construction Management Services
- Landscape Architecture & Planning
- Materials Testing and Analytical Services
- Program Management
- Water Resources