DLZ assists communities, industries, and governments in safeguarding public health and the environment while promoting the sustainable reuse of natural resources. DLZ has been providing environmental consulting services to its clients for nearly four decades. Our teams include engineers, scientists, planners, and technicians with the expertise and training to provide cost-effective workable solutions to problems.
Ranging from property acquisition due diligence to contaminant investigation and mitigation, DLZ has successfully completed a wide range of environmental projects throughout the Midwest for federal, state, county, municipal, and private clients. DLZ provides:
- Hazardous material surveys, including asbestos, PCBs, universal wastes, organic contaminants, and other regulated chemicals/materials.
- Demolition and site redevelopment management services, including pre-demolition assessments of buildings for hazardous materials.
- PFAS investigations for soil, groundwater, surface water, and drinking water – PFAS (per- and polyfluorinated alkyl substances) are a class of emergent contaminants. DLZ can then assist with the development of plans to protect the public and/or contain or remediate the source of contamination.
- Investigation and remediation of other environmental contaminants (fuel constituents, chlorinated solvents, PCBs, metals, and others) in groundwater and soil.
- Groundwater modeling.
- Environmental due diligence requirements.
- Wetland, ecological and water resource planning.
We highlight our diverse Environmental experience in our project profiles. Take a look at our work below.