DLZ personnel provided the City Utilities with program management services for various wastewater and stormwater projects for the past several years. Service has included design, assistance with the selection of design consultants, management of design consultant services, review of design documents, presenting proposed projects to the Board of Works, and working with City staff throughout construction.
Projects managed under this program included improvements and upgrades for many of the City’s sanitary and stormwater pump stations including:
- Pump replacement for the Third Street Lift Station.
- Pump replacement and building improvements for the Nebraska Lift Station
- New automatic bar screens at the Pleasant Avenue Stormwater Lift Station.
- Lake Forest Sanitary Sewer Lift Station pump replacement and generator installation.
- New pumps and controls for the Oak Pointe Sanitary Lift Station.
- Emergency Repairs to the Engle Road Lift Station.
- Improvements to the Evard Road Stormwater pump station.
- New dewatering pumps and controls for the Morton Street Stormwater Lift Station.
- Improved access for the Griswold Lift Station inlet.
- New telemetry system for the Steeplechase Lift Station.
- Security Grates for the CSO Pond Outfalls.
- Several storm sewer installation projects
In addition to capital improvements, several studies and tests were performed under this program. These studies included:
- Flow tests and capacity evaluation for all 5 of the City’s CSO Pump Stations.
- Studies to evaluate potential pump station eliminations.
- Stormwater study for potential development of the City’s North River Initiative.