High Definition Scanning
Taking productivity to the next level, DLZ has implemented various laser scanners into the field. The use of High Definition Scanning (HDS) on projects has a number of benefits, including foremost the ability to safely collect data in areas too dangerous or confined to physically occupy. In addition, HDS provides real-time data enabling direct measurement between objects in the field with the ability to evaluate additional data and measurements at any time without revisiting the site.
Our scanners can collect up to 500,000 points per second. Every point that is collected has a true coordinate position that accurately represents the true as-built condition in a 3-D format. DLZ is excited to incorporate these scanners, coupled with other high-accuracy survey technology, to create a bottom line, cost-effective approach to your next civil, industrial, or architectural project.
- 3-D modeling and animation
- The backdrop for design and construction
- Building renovations, expansions, and build-outs
- Conflict analysis/clash detection
- Construction quality assurance
- Emergency and accident documentation
- Fabrication surveys
- Facilities mapping (GIS/BIM)
- Final as-builts
- Monitoring deformations and building movement
- Physical security inspections
- Progress surveys
- Reverse engineering
- Topographic surveys
- Deliverables include:
– 3-D models
– 2-D plans
– Elevations, cross-sections, and profiles
– Volume calculations
Speed, accuracy, and quantity of data collected are other benefits of High definition Scanning technology.