DLZ evaluated a variety of park facilities as part of performing the self-evaluation and preparing the Transition Plan for the City of Oak Ridge, Tennessee. The City has a robust recreation program, with 22 different parks. All parks offer a wide variety of recreational opportunities being provided.
In addition to parking and playgrounds common at smaller parks, the evaluation, for the City of Oak Ridge, included:
- City Baseball Complex, comprised of 5 ball fields with concessions and restrooms.
- City Center Recreation Center, which includes both a Senior Center and Recreation Center with indoor pool, gymnasium, social and game rooms, and meeting rooms.
- Centennial Golf Course is an 18 hole course with
- pro shop,
- restaurant/bar area
- locker rooms with restrooms
- driving range
- practice putting greens
- Golf Academy building
- on course restrooms.
- Melton Lake Park, with multiple parking areas, boat launch, and playground.
- Municipal Swimming Pool, an outdoor pool that includes locker/dressing rooms with restrooms, and concessions building.
- Scarboro Community Center, with multiple parking lots, playground, picnic shelter, offices for the City Parks Department, gymnasium, meeting rooms, and staff lounge.
- Solway Park, which includes multiple parking lots, fishing pier, and boat launches.