The City of Detroit is currently undertaking an extensive rehabilitation and reconstruction of its water and sewer infrastructure and are planning large investments through 2022. DWSD enlisted the assistance of a team of consultants led by AECOM for the Capital Improvement Program Management Organization (CIPMO), coordinating and executing capital project planning and implementation across multiple agencies responsible for infrastructure and community development.
As part of the CIPMO team, DLZ also assists with identifying problems, determining the value of proposed projects, defining scopes of work with major deliverables, identifying how responsibilities will be organized for each project, and providing scheduling and cost estimation. DLZ was instrumental in assisting the team.
As a principal member of the CIPMO Team, DLZ provides:
- Program Management support services staff.
- Records Management and Program Controls staff.
- Field services in support of CIP planning that includes sewer video review, a valve exercising program, water main leak detection surveys, and hydrant flow testing for model calibration.
- Survey services in the Cornerstone Village Pilot Area.
- Geotechnical Services for the overall program.
- Design Management and design of selected interventions in the following neighborhoods:
- Cornerstone Village Water Main Design
- Cornerstone Village Sewer Design
- Jefferson Chalmers Water Main Design
- Leadership, management, and execution of a review of current DWSD standards, procedures, and policies and provided recommendations for improvement in a report.
- Leadership, management, and execution of a review of DWSD design, material, and construction standards with recommendations provided in a report.
- Leadership, management, and execution of a review of current policies and procedures that impact competitive procurement and contractor participation and provided recommendations in a report.
- Implementation of recommended improvements by assisting in the development of new DWSD Standard Specifications and Details.
- Staffing in support of Program Sustainability and Inclusion Program which is providing a review of DWSD current staff, planning for future staff sustainability, and improvements to inclusion programs.